Tuesday, May 13, 2008

He's Handsome and Handy

Tagged -- Ode to the Manly Man

  • What is his name? Kevin Reid Dobson (Reid is a family name, but no one in the family remembers anything more than that.)
  • How long have you been married? 10 years last October.
  • How long did you date? Well, if dating includes living together, 2 years.
  • How old is he? 41 (I'm a cradle robbing 43)
  • Who eats more? He does, because he works out like a fiend. And he eats healthy. It's annoying.
  • Who said I love you first? Well, I'm the one who said "bummer, if you move away I guess we won't be getting married and having babies" which sort of took it to the next level. (And, as MC said, since I talk way way way way more than him, it was probably me.)
  • Who is taller? We are exactly the same height. (I wore those cute little silver slippers at my wedding because of this.) Unfortunately, I'm definitely wider.
  • Who sings better? Kevin talk sings, like Danny Kay, Me, I'll try anything . . . I guess that means him ;)
  • Who's temper is worse? Kevin is ex-military, so he is all about "maintaining an even strain" movie quote, the Right Stuff, (great flick), so I need to be the polar opposite of that to keep the balance. Me.
  • Who does the laundry? Me. If I don't do it 24/7 he will get annoyed and toss a load in now and then.
    Who does the dishes? Me, because he ususally cooks dinner. We swap.
  • Who sleeps on the right side of the bed (when you are facing it)? He does. The left side is easier to spring up and out of to tend to the kiddos.
  • Who pays the bills? Me. Control Freak.
  • Who cooks dinner? Him, Control Freak. (When he's home.)
  • Who drives when you are together? Ugh, HE always has to drive, to a ridiculous extent...I love to drive.
  • Who has more friends? Me. Kevin doesn't buy that whole "No man is an Island" philosophy. hehe. But now Colleen, Caitlin and Abi live on the island. . . and we brought the dog.
  • Who has more siblings? Kevin. 1 older brother, 1 younger sister. But my brother lives closer.
  • Who wears the pants in the family? We both do. And he gets really mad because when I wear them, I really stretch them out! ;)
I'm going to skip the tagging, as I've been such a non-blogger lately, I only know the people MC already tagged!

2 comments:

Martha said...

you are spoiling me, girl!
First you respond to my nag, then you accept my challenge and with such a fun post.

You are now excused to go back to being the working-mom-student-dutiful wife life and all of its' distractions!

Sitting In Silence said...

Great Tag....Love your post...