Sunday, July 08, 2007

07-07-07

That seems monumental, and not just in the "let's go buy a lottery ticket" way. 07-07-07


Quote me, per Martha C.'s blog challenge -
"Free your mind, your ass will follow" - Apocolypse now (movie). Oh, there are so many great ones out there that I've never been able to stick to one. However, this movie quote, is just about as good as it gets, so - there it is. What's the long one, god grant me the wisdom to change what I can and cope with what I can't, and the ability to know the difference? That one doesn't have a bad word in it; but, who originally said it? It's been adopted by many an organization.

Caitlins first swim meet. Should I blog about it, should I not?
She didn't have a good time. By now she has probably swum a few hundred laps during swim practice; but the pool was different, and the lane was different, and she barely made it across. (She kept stopping to grab the rope, and was crying, and it wasn't the positive experience it was supposed to be.) I was thinking that we should have taken more baby steps to get her over this hump, and it occured to me that I thought she was. Over the hump. Done with humps in general But she's not. And there will be many more humps to come. Maybe more for her than for the average kiddo. So it's ok to be my nervous nelly mom over it, because I could have quite easily sent her with a friend - not realizing that this was too much for her for some unseen - by everyone else including me - reason. Luckily, she has a good attitude about it, and we are going to go practice all the parts that she found scary. And hopefully I can convince her that she swims! This is that part, where I worry about changing schools. I know she needs more baby steps than most, - all kids have different humps - I know, I know.
NOW in honor of my - back/white, positive thinking is everything, believe whole heartedly in the theory of attraction - visiting friend Chelsea; we are off to concur the pool. Soon we will return victorious, and I can find something else to worry about. =?

4 comments:

Aimee said...

I'm done with the humps too. The whole broken foot thing did the trick. Who would you like to "kid trade" and for how long. I'm ready for a good long trade!!

Colleen O said...

and we got rained out!@#*%!

I emailed you AT.

TZ - Abi has been moppily asking to play with Isaac too! So cute, she misses her little twin. (That doesn't act or look anything like her.)

Martha said...

Wasn't it easier when we could predict what would set them off? And then, if they had a meltdown it was easier to take ownership of said meltdown: "um, yeah, skipping the nap and going to Chuck E. Cheese: bad idea!" Bad Mommy. Bad Bad Mommy.

But now, when the meltdown comes out of nowhere, there is so much more guilt: like "what? I missed that? What kind of mom am I? Do I not know, almost 8 years into the game what makes my kid tick?

I'm right there with ya sister! Only, I think I'll keep my own kids...you know that quote about "better the devil you know than the devil you don't!".

tz said...

Jake's going through a 'thing' right now...humps on humps, afraid of everything...makes me crazy, i keep thinking i'm raising some neurotic kid...who may turn out just like me AHHHHH
and then there's isaac who has been seen beating up on some of his less then best friends...a bully and a neurotic
that's what i'm dealing w/ right now...

there you go colleeno, we do have all our own issues with our very perfect children!