Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thanks for Noticing!

I was at the pool the other day, and a friend I hadn't seen in a while came over, we chatted, then she took her finger and poked my rather fleshy arm and said with a big old grin "you've put on some weight!" She and I share thyroid problems, although hers are of the dangerous variety, and she enjoys lamenting about her health problems a great deal. Anyhow, I shut her down and moved on. Thanks for noticing.

On a more positive note, I got to share some more details of my break up with psycho Amy (not to be confused with sister wife Aimee) with a long time peabody pal. We went to the Zoo with the kiddos. She was a receptive, untainted audience which was a relief. She commented that I always let Xpsychofriend use me like a security blanket; and that XPsycho responding with viciousness could not/should not be tolerated. As a form of therapy, I apologized loudly to the universe for my part in enabling Xpsycho's spreading her spew of hatred and poison - at which point my Peabody pal forgave me (on behalf of the universe) and confessed that she found Xpsycho to be pretty damn funny - when ripping other people - even when she knew she was very likely the next target the moment her back was turned.
Ah, I'm feeling better still.


I also got to see old friend Chelsea. She was in from Vermont. Again, refreshing to know someone who knows EVERYTHING about you, doesn't judge you, and is fun and inspiring to be with.
I believe that's known as a friend!
The more the merrier. Chelsea and I have very little outwardly in common these days - we completely differ in our ideas about alot of things, and yet can still share the gooey and crunchy stuff of life without batting an eye.
(She also brought me pure Grade A Amber maple syrup,
so you know she's a good egg.)

One question though.
Does this picture make it look like I weight 2 x Chelsea?

I only mention it because, well, I do. (Please don't follow along too closely with the math, but I actually weight 2 Chelseas, + another 14 pounds to boot!) No wonder I don't photograph as well.

I had a smallish group over for cwafy this morning. It was fun because it's basically a whole new crew! We then dispersed to our different quick moving summer activities. Hopefully I'll be able to go make a couple dozen Christmas cards at JK's tonight, and tomorrow we are off to TENT Camp at Crestone.
Southern Colorardo, in the Sangre de Cristos.
(Tracey, I figured out how to link! Can ya tell?)

2 comments:

tz said...

beeeeautiteeeful....I may even be inspired to camp in those surroundings....hahaha, NOT, are there any bed and breakfasts?

sniffle, i'm so proud about learning how to link...sniffle.

And when you get back I must hear more about your zoo conversation!

Dodi said...

Hey, it's the psychotics in our past that make us the stable women we are today! (At least we seem stable by comparison!!)