Wednesday, June 04, 2008

How about "Somebody Elses Words Wednesday"

Did you ever notice on Google, they have a little graphic theme most days? They don't say why the hot air balloon was on there today, but I remember drawing this exact balloon in Junior High. WoW! I sound like an OLD person! Back when I had to chizel my own pencils out of twigs.

Good morning everyone!



19th of September 1783 Pilatre De Rozier, a scientist, launched the first hot air balloon called 'Aerostat Reveillon'. The passengers were a sheep, a duck and a rooster and the balloon stayed in the air for a grand total of 15 minutes before crashing back to the ground.. . (I don't think that's the one in the picture. I believe, but don't really know that this was the balloon from the World fair in Paris - ooh, I should look that up!!)


2 French brothers, Joseph and Etienne Montgolfier. The balloon was launched from the centre of Paris and flew for a period of 20 minutes. The birth of hot air ballooning!!!

1 comment:

Martha said...

Interesting...yeah I often find the google graphics interesting...some are no brainers as to what they are bringing attention to...but I so enjoy the more obscure ones.

Thanks for enlightening me this afternoon...