Thursday, August 07, 2008

I'm A BAD MOM - go ahead, give me the rusty, broken down, spikey bad Mom Tierra. I deserve it.

Exercise is good. It's a much needed outlet for my stress.
I've gone every weekday for the last 2 weeks.
Except for today.

A typical Thursday morning. Pretty stressful because we have a new chore/responsibility system that's alot of work,
but it seems to be paying off little by little.
The girls are ready, fed, and finally out the door for school.
On the way to the car I say to both of them, "I'm taking back a quarter because you didn't get your teeth brushed".
Caitlin says "I brushed my teeth".
I can't really remember all the horrible things I said, trying to get her to confess her blatant lie. I was so sure she had NOT brushed her teeth that I just went off!! I ended with "Fine! After I drop you off I'm going home to see if your toothbrush is wet! And I can tell if you brushed your teeth.
"I'm giving you one last chance to tell me the truth!"


So did you guess the suprise funny ending?
Yeah.
There was her toothbrush, obviously freshly used.
Wet, the only thing out on the counter, and the toothpaste lid wasn't quite closed.

I was screaming like a lunitic, over a toothbrush.
This is what I've been reduced by a chore chart.
Not one of my finer moments.
When I appologize to her I promise not to berate her with the numerous reasons I didn't believe her in the first place.

So Martha, I do allow ugly at my house.
But only on me, between the hours of 7-8 a.m.

2 comments:

tz said...

I had my bad mom moment last tuesday night...

I hate those days when I'm out of control like that...

I must go hug the kiddos now.

oh and those moments are so far and few between for you....so don't worry too much about it!

Martha said...

Ok, what did this cost ya in terms of the "forgiveness"?

We've all been there...hopefully the neighbors didn't hear ya hollering? Oh wait, the neighbors abandoned their house, didn't they? You should be good to go then...