Saturday, January 24, 2009

"Thanks Honey"

So last night my hub came home and proclaimed "Wow, my wonderful wife must have fixed 3 meals in this kitchen today, and yet the only thing out of place is this one hot cocoa mug. She's amazing".

OK, that's not what he said.
It was something along the lines of why nobody can ever clean the chocolate out of their glass.

And yet, my response was, "thanks honey".
Now I'm patting myself on the back for having a good attitude, because the hub just gave me that blank - have you been watching Dr. Phil and Oprah all day - guy look.

3 days until back to school. It has been a great break, and I truly hate to go back this time. But I have tons to get done and I suppose alittle readin' writtin' and 'rithmatic wouldn't hurt them either. The grape vines tells me that the new witch is a good witch, and so I will enter a whole new world at work when I go back.

2 comments:

Martha said...

You are amazing...you've made it 5 weeks with the young 'uns and the Hubby and this is the first even half hearted attempt at a complaint? Give yourself a gold star. Keep this up and you can turn in your stars for a prize at the end of the week! :)

I suppose I"m ready to return to the real world as well. Not really...but it's all coming to a halt whether I like it or not. Might as well embrace it.

How was 'da big swimming hole?

Sitting In Silence said...

I'm already sad about them going back to school tomorrow....gosh this world moves fast...

Flossy will be in Highschool, where did that time go ?

xoxoxox