Saturday, February 07, 2009

Super Saturday of Cookie Season

Yep. Girl Scout cookies will be dominating my life for the next month. I'm so not into it this year, so I'm done talking about that!

I have a new favorite movie - The Fall (alittle Princess Bride, alittle Little Miss Sunshine, and alittle The Cell if you can imagine.)

I went shopping today and this darling little girl was with her mother shoe shopping (just what I was doing with my darling little girls) and the mom was getting exacerbated with her daughter who just couldn't seem to find the perfect pair. The final (funny) straw was a pair of shiny black flats with a gathered leather look at the toes (too cute). Mom thought they were just what they were looking for, but the daughter just wouldn't commit. Mom pressed her daughter, "why - don't you think they're pretty?" Daughter, who was walking around on the tile floor all this time says "they just don't sound pretty." Now I don't know how long they had been there before we got there . . . well, I had a good laugh with Mom, and went on to find several pairs of pretty sounding shoes for my kids.

Good night!

3 comments:

Dodi said...

"they just don't sound pretty" is a totally legitimate excuse not to buy a pair of shoes. My daughters have schooled me on this! If my youngest was allowed to wear her tap shoes every day she would... as they sound so pretty!

Colleen O said...

Along those same lines, I'd like to know how an outfit that Abi begged me to buy, twirled around in all day Saturday, assured me she would want to wear to school - suddenly becomes "itchy" on Monday morning.

Dodi said...

Ahhhh, welcome to the world of sensory shit. Pull up a chair, it's exhasting here.