Saturday, January 08, 2011

week 3 - Resolve

Resolve - I'm paraphrasing, but Doing whatever it is you set out to do without fail.

Well, this is a problem, isn't it.
This is why I'm here.
Right now, I'm doing fairly well with this because I'm without job and frankly, I have enough time on my hands to keep all my juggling balls in the air. And without fail, I take on too many, burn out, fatigue, ect. and start dropping them! Sometimes I do a good job for a long time, and sometimes I'm all over the place - it's a roller coaster. But doing it without fail? Is that even a realistic expectation?

So, like the rest of the virtues, I guess it's about continuing to try, and at least you will probably going to get alittle closer to the target out of practice. So, I'm resolving to make good use of my remaining time off, and resolving to find a job.

2 comments:

Martha said...

Resolve is also to say "I'll have to pass" when another task is added to your full plate. that's the one I need to work on. I can say No, just can't find how to shed the guilt of it all.

Good Luck on the job search...I have a good feeling something great is just waiting to happen when it comes to your career!

Colleen O said...

Maybe - but the one who said "Americans have more money than cents" was the surly cab driver who thought I should know about the world stopping because of Boxing Day.