Sunday, December 23, 2007

A Most Unbelievable Heavenly Home for the Holidays

Whatever that means!
Ah, Saturday morning, I woke up hours before anyone else, made my hot spiced tea, planted myself in front of 3 episodes of "sell this house" and 1 never-seen-before "big spender" - and it still hasn't really hit me yet. . . I have 5 weeks off!!

Today we made cut out cookies, watched Polar Express, the Grinch, and now Sky High - went shopping (see new Jammies modeled above) and out to dinner! I love Christmas, and take back any previously grinchy behavior. That was just the stress talking. Now the presents are all purchased and wrapped, the Christmas cards sent (it took 3 shifts, but I finally did it), and I think I'm shaking the cold I was working on. I'm about to finish a book I'm reading JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT, and tomorrow is Christmas Eve. I've made it through and even seem capable of relaxing and enjoying myself.

Kevin has been off since Thursday, and doesn't go back to work until Wednesday. The house is clean and there's all sorts of time to do what I want to do! This is a Happy Holiday!
Merry Christmas everyone!

4 comments:

Martha said...

Wii too are eagerly expecting a day filled with joy!

Glad to see you updated the blog, was getting worried (that's the stage after guilt about harrassing you about updating)

And do tell, what pleasure book did you read?

Dodi said...

Merry Christmas! See you on Boxing Day!

Colleen O said...

"Cause of Death" featuring one of my favorite heroine Doctor Kay Scarpetta - and I'm looking forward to coffee tomorrow too! I hope there will be some who brave the snowbanks when it's so tempting to stay home. . .

I made cinnamon rolls. Homemade! (Not always a good thing at my house.)

Anonymous said...

the rolls were beautiful and yummy too! conversation was warm and i had a wonderful boxing day coffee w/ you and the neighborhood buddies!