Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Up Wringing My Hands

Nothing like doing homework with the little resistant one to send me into a spiral of despair. I've been back and forth between relieved, to freaking out, and back again. I'm currently looking up ADD/ADHD and Auditory Processing Disorders that are frequently co-morbid (love THAT term) with speech language disorders.

DD2's memory seems to be just fine for anything other than academic, language, not-interesting stuff -it's just learning to read she can't be bothered with. How many more hours can we possible put in before she gets it or I pull all of my hair out? Last week I thought gee, that reading group is really at a lower level, I should ask to have her moved. Today, I think she may have 10 sight words memorized if she's lucky, and suddenly it's like pulling teeth to get her to sound something out.

Maybe I should put in an emergency call in to my pediatrician. Wake up! My DD can't read! Now I'm going to look up global warming, and do my finances just to really get myself worked into a frenzy. Then I'll check in with the fox news network to try and figure out why people trust the republican party - and how it makes them feel safe.
Should I laugh or cry?

2 comments:

Sitting In Silence said...

Oh this is a hard one.
My best advice is to trust your instints as a mother and look into it. Your Ped's is probably your first port of call and I am sure once you tell him what is wrong he will put you on the right path (if you need it)......

If in doubt ..check it out !...

Good luck and let us know how you go xoxox

Martha said...

Hope the week is going better.