Monday, May 25, 2009

What a relaxing weekend

By the way, that count down should read . . . 18 - but ssshhhh! Don't tell my kids.

So today the girls went to the pool, Caitlin got her Sticker of Freedom, her Official License to Tweendom, her blue daisy "I can go to the pool by myself" pass! I'm just thinking - leverage. I love it when they want stuff really bad. I can make them do all sorts of horrible things and tell them they can't even whine about it!

But honestly, Parkview may be ready for her to go to the pool by herself, but I don't think I am.

Today continued;
And, she won 3rd place in the floaty race (she got 3 nerd ropes for that!) They played wizard 101, rode their bikes, cleaned rooms, had the grandparents over, played the piano, played wii, pulled some weeds with mom, raced the old folks to the corner on their bikes, . . . lets just say it was a good day if you were a kid. Heck, sleep over, swimming, dinner group, playdate, barbecue, turned down sleepover (Cat knows when to say when better than I do), swimming, bike riding, etc.
Good weekend if your a kid.
Actually, it was pretty good from the parent angle too.

Happy Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: