Sunday, April 27, 2008

Fashionably Challenged? Me?

Today we went shopping at Kohls, because it's one of those something for everyone places, and what the heck is going on with womens / girls clothes!?! We were mostly looking for the tall one as she has 2 outfits that still fit her, and we're browsing, and I'm thinking, hmm, this are kinda cute, I guess, maybe she better try this on cuz I don't get it.... I look at the tag, and lo - and behold, it was a little maternity smock (that I thought was a kids dress). Somehow, the best place for the maternity section was between the toys and the girls clothes. I felt kind of silly until I saw almost the exact same shirt/dress/top/thing over in the girls section as a short dress you apparently have to wear leggings with. CRAZY looking stuff out there!

I played Barbie head with the girlies today, and they let me. Abi normally won't sit still long enough for this nonsense, and Cat flat out refuses - but today I had success. It almost makes it worse knowing how cute they could look all the time if I just had enough time and a maybe some mutton busting experience!


I've been between semesters for a whole week at Regis and it has been heavenly. The teacher I work for was nominated for the Golden Heart Award on Friday, lots of family time with Kevin - (he's got to be out of town next week - so he had Friday off) , soccer games on saturday, fun dinner group with friends I feel like we hardly ever see on Saturday, and a restful family day on Sunday. I almost feel ready for Monday! ( and it's only 39 more school days until summer - can you stand it!)

2 comments:

tz said...

I loved playing w/ abi's hair when I was not her daycare provider and just the mommy she hung out w/ for pay...hahaha

Oh and I just remembered J's out of town this week too....what trouble do you think we can get into?

do you want to paint something? i'll help you move heavy furniture!

Colleen O said...

I should have taken a picture this morning. I did tight double french braids with wet hair, and they woke up kinky and cute as a button! (when undone). I think even they were impressed with their cuteness!