Friday, April 11, 2008

I think I've crossed the line

I think I've crossed the line indicating SERIOUS procrastination.
Funny, that is sort of what the paper I'm (supposed to be) writing is about.
Learned Helplessness. Maybe my paper should be called Self Induced Anti-Motivation.

The reason I know I'm now actively procrastinating is: I've been playing my daughters webkinz world for the last hour. Really, I went on just to get them out of bed, and see if they would all go in the pool together.
(I thought it would be funny for C to find them that way next time she logs on - I hope they don't drown if you forget about them - eek!)
They won't all go in the pool at the same time, in case you are interested. So, I bought a couple of games for them to be playing, and a new bench. It's kinda funny, they are all 6 making comments, "whoo hoo", "this is great", "I could do this all day!" etc. I also fed them, apparently no longer something C is interested in doing, judging from how hungry they are, and then of course I had to play alittle cash cow, because I got to level 5 a few times the last time I was on, but I'm really irritated that I can't seem to get past level 4 tonight. (Some people play Worlds of War, I do cash cow2)


So, now I can go study right? But, it's not fair to mess with C's webkinz world and not A's. Maybe they could all be having a slumber party! I can't wait until they squeal about it tomorrow. Soccer games where canceled because of the snow, so I feel I'll be able to catch up.

My goodness, by the way, the Storm soccer league is VERY protective of their feild conditions. (I assume that's the reason, and not that they are just wussies.) When I was a kid you'd sure as heck be out there playing. Of course the feilds were mostly mud by mid season - I guess they are just smarter now.


Day old 1/2 inch of snow never hurt anybody, now get out there and play!
(That's what Nana Papa would say!)



Mission accomplished with A's WWorld.
1/2 are sitting watching the other half in a line dance.
Oh, if I could just get the Bunny Hop to play in the background of Harthart's room, it would be classic! Funny what becomes highly entertaining when you are "exhibiting avoidance behaviors" - blek.

3 comments:

tz said...

yup, I'd have to say you've taken procastination to a new...uhhh, high? low? certainly new level!

(of course I'm blogging and should be working on a paper of my own!)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Colleen O said...

Why do I always attract the freaky comments? If any real bloggers have helpful hints on how to stop the odd comments, I'm all ears.