Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Hump Day

Well, It was a busy busy day full of ups and downs and happy tears and sad tears, and maybe I just need to get back on that hormone therapy! A very nice veteran by the name of John Rankin came all the way out to meet the girl scouts and tell them about the flag.


We also got to our first "Caticlism" (Caitlins word) Catichism class at St. Michaels, and I felt very good about going. I sat and started to read "Rescuing the Bible from the Fundamentalists" while waiting, and I can tell I'm going to like it. I also had a really bad day at work. And that's all I have to say about that. The best thing that happened ALL day was when a student, who on a good day ignores me, on a bad day yells his version of obsenities at me - stopped, looked me over, smiled and said, "black, white. . . COW!" - ( I thought I was looking quite spiffy in my black and white stripped sweater before that.) - I left feeling that at least I still have a sense of humor.

3 comments:

tz said...

gotta love those kiddos!

Martha said...

Ah...I thought you looked rather slim in your work attire...and was fixing to say something nice but I had a mouth full of doughnuts.

If your "cow" boy is anywhere on that 'ole spectrum, his comment is really a big deal on many levels! But you already know that, right? I mean, he was able to look beyond himself and his world. Comment on something he sees AND make some connection to things already going on his world.

And some days, it is indeed those little things that help us put one foot in front of the other and keep on the path we're supposed to be on.

Colleen O said...

Martha - Exactly! - and, you know, it was plain FUNNY! I believe he may have had his thumb in his mouth, and pointed at me with the pinkie, while he said "uh huh, cow" - classic!