Thursday, September 20, 2007

Make that 6!

Count down to fall break day 6 will be another ridiculously busy day! An example; My boss lady is coming to pick up my kids to take them to school in the morning. I get to go to a seminar - BUT, I have to leave the seminar 1/2 an hour early to get back and cover for 3 other people - and it just keeps going like that until September 29th! It's almost laughable. Except for the fact that my eyelid is twitching, which always makes me feel like I'm about to have a psychotic episode. . .

Tonight I found out I misunderstood our first writing assignment, meaning I haven't technically started it yet. So I have 1 week instead of 3. (And I wasn't even stoned during class.)

Hopefully my almost 8 year old daughter will forgive me for not being able to purchase donuts tomorrow morning - (another long story) - for her birthday treat snack. Instead, I got the frowned-upon frosted sprinkle cookies. You know, the REALLY icky ones that leave crap all over the carpet? Hopefully this will go by unnoticed so that I won't have to give her the "you ungrateful little ... kid" speech at 7 am in the morning.

Daisy update! AT did a lovely job today of not sticking her foot in her mouth EVEN THOUGH there where 2 great big wide openings in which to insert a humorous pagan gods/goddess comment at the start up meeting. Way to go AT !

5 comments:

Aimee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aimee said...

I had to delete first comment, typing skills not great today.

Well, thank you for the lovely compliment, however undeserved. I did mention paganism once, but joked about it so as to not make them think I would really do that. I know the moms so it's not as bad as saying it to complete strangers. You helped a lot also, since I am not in the know about all that is girl scouts.

tz said...

hmmmmm, would love to know the comments that could have been!

Sitting In Silence said...

6 days to fall....
How long do your girls get off ?...

Martha said...

Hey, if CD doesn't want any of those insanely sweet cookies, I"ll take them. They are my favorite! All you taste is the sugar: what's not to like?

And I'll answer for Colleen and all the rest of us "tracking off"...we get 3 weeks off for this quarter break. Our kids go to school year round: 9 weeks on, 3 weeks off. Rinse, lather, repeat and toss in 2 extra weeks at Christmas and in the summer.