Saturday, January 05, 2008

Techno Sucking Today

I've spent a good portion of the day messing with my computer for a variety of reasons, and for the first time in a long long while, I said OUT LOUD - "Man, I need a new computer"! Not my usual gee, I'd kinda like a laptop - oh no.

I NEED.

And it will be totally worth it too because I do so much stuff on the computer, doing it myself - saves alot of money. . . are you buying it? I "saved" 170$ the other day at JC Pennies. Guess how much you have to spend in order to say that! Hah.

Life is good today, other than the technosuck think. It was tempered with lots of cleaning , laundering, and purging - good solid, visible, sink your teeth in type accomplishments. Kevin has been working all weekend, and surprise surprise I've found my pace. Love ya honey, smooches - but it's true.

My one blue holiday moment is about trying to get the extended family to email me a few photos a piece to make a quick year end slide show for the blog. No response. - (I take that back, one very thankful response.) Now alot of these people are younger than I, or at least less technosucky than I, and I was thinking it would be a fun, easy, get everyone talking, thing. Maybe they'll surprise me yet. I hope. I used to think things like this just meant I was a bored bon bon eating housewife, but now that I'm doing the crazed student-working-mom thing, I don't think it's too much to ask for a few photos!!

Time for bed. May visions of Macs dance in my head.

3 comments:

tz said...

oh, i need a new computer too!
and i really mean it too....i get excited when hubby comes home because he brings home his work laptop!

Sitting In Silence said...

Hope they send the photos real soon. People just get so busy these days !....

Good luck with the PC....what sort are you looking at ?.

Colleen O said...

Still no pictures from the relatives! It's hard to get excited about my little projects when no-one else give s a hoot! I think I will do a Mac - because I think I can get a C4T (computers for teachers) deal where it's almost free for a apple laptop! I'm definitely leaning that direction.