Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My Little Goofball's Growing Up

Caitlin is becoming a young lady. . . ok, maybe THAT'S a stretch, but:

Today she got a REALLY COOL coal miner style headlamp to use for vision therapy, and she was so impressed with it she wore it out of vision therapy, into the car, and all the way to Sam's. (And it looks like an elastic strap-on coal miner's lamp.) Every time I looked at her I just had to laugh (she was looking, well, "Special", if you get my meaning) and laugh and laugh because I knew she fully intended to wear it proudly into the store, and through dinner, and anywhere else we happened to go. (And me being me, I was going to let her - it kind of matched her brown sweat pants and purple velvet top.) As she was getting out of the car, she hesitated a moment, and took it off, saying, hmm, maybe not. Hopefully not out of fear of being different, but just a small step toward adulthood. Go Caity!

3 comments:

tz said...

so you're saying there's hope for isaac?
did you have your camera?

tz said...

oh my gosh, what the heck are you doing up at 4am, i just looked at your posting again!

Martha said...

What? But I so like that your kids are on the short bus with mine. WAAAAAA...

And yeah, you be up late or early this morning?