Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Tooth Fairy

I'm alittle over the tooth fairy this morning. Do other people have this much difficulty with her? See, in the past Caitlin wanted nothing to do with her , (to the point of, "yeah, lets trap her, and beat her up so that she never comes her again!") - and now suddenly C's all into it. Now. When the darling little purple velvet bag is gone, as is the pearly white one, and the bell that I tried to use one year to call the tooth fairy to the outside fairy ring so that she wouldn't come into the house. . .

But that's not the worst of it. Can you believe it, that darn tooth fairy hasn't shown up 3 nights in a row! She's probably out looking for glitter or something to make this the perfect TF experience, then she probably didn't have any dollars and the coins weren't sparkely enough for her. . . (She's kind of a pain in the ass!) Then, I think this morning she remembered, and flew to the basement before C woke up, grabbed an identical ziplock, shoved 8 quarters into it and feeling triumphant ran into C's room - oh no! C slept in Abi's room last night. Well, surely she left the tooth under this pillow! NO tooth! What to do - well, Take the money out of the baggy and just leave it under the pillow. . . Then she must have heard C wake up and say "awh, tartar sauces - not again!" C had it under her pillow in Abi's room.
Cleverly I say, huh, maybe she didn't know where you were, and left it under your pillow in your bedroom - (I think I'm golden.)
NO, says C, the tooth fairy is smart. She would know I was in here. (I turn on my heel and go remove the coins) - SO, She'd better come tonight! That's all I can say. Or I'm gonna kick her butt!

2 comments:

Martha said...

Would that be a firm fanny or a Chi-filled fanny you'll be a kicking?

Note to Selves: Be careful what routines we initiate when raising a quirky kid.

tz said...

the quirky kid we have over here has a thing about the Easter Bunny. I do think you have a fantastic scrap book page idea here though! you could even put glitter on that!