Monday, December 25, 2006

Girl Toys


Striking me funny is this:
From a distance, the girls seemed to be playing with these toys the same way that boys do. But, as the storyline evolved throughout the day, I realized that they might as well be playing with big ugly prehistoric barbie dolls! ( See, the big Red one is the teenage sister, and the green one is the little sister. They have to work together to beat the evil ones, and save the cavemen. Now if there's an injury, it doesn't seem to matter if it's an evil or good guy, they save them. Generally, after they are saved they join the good guy team for awhile. And there's dialog. Lots of dialog, in between mechanical roars. It's like a little soap opera.)

On another note, I am so ready to yank all of those decorations down and stuff them in a box. . .and I'm not meaning it in a grinchy way. I'm just done. Lets keep moving. Dad needs to recover from his surgery, the girls need to quit throwing up, I need to get that TO DO list done because winging it certainly has not been working, the puppy still needs to be potty trained, oh yes, and the newsletter still needs to be done! And, because I'm the well centered individual that I am, I'm going to go to bed now, realizing that tomorrow is another (hopefully better) day. But first, a little prayer for Iraq, and those who are really needing it. Look out, your chi might get all bound up!

OK - one more thing - Abi and Caitlin in the car yesterday. I stop to talk to a neighbor they have never met before. As I'm pulling away I hear them talking;
Caitlin - "were you scared? I was kind of scared by him, he was a stranger."
Abi - "yeah, I was alittle bit scared. But mostly, I just SO happy though." - That's my girls. good night

1 comment:

tz said...

And think tomorrow you have six kids over...I'm pretty sure you'll get tons done then!