Friday, October 19, 2007

The Goings on over Track off

We do alittle singing, a little dancing. Sometimes we pretend the dog is a person, and let her drink from our straw cup. Sometimes we pretend we are dogs - and join them in their daily routine.

One day, I decide to make homemade bread. This is no small task you know. I was going to do it right. Get the butter and the eggs and the yeast to room tempurature first, and then make it. So I set those ingredients out, looking forward to my procutive day, and start doing something else. Suddenly I see something strange out of the corner of my eye - and could it be I hear digging? Yes, I did. My cute and clever little mutt has gotten up on the counter, stolen the stick of butter, climbed on top of the Ficus tree pot, and is burying it, with the arc of dirt flying across the room and everything. Yep, it's a laugh a minute over at the Dobsons!

And Abi got glasses! She was so excited - for about 1 day. Now she can't loose them fast enough each morning.

3 comments:

Sitting In Silence said...

Abi...looks as cute as a button...

Love the dog story, reminds me of a picture that we have when I brought Stumpy home from Hospital.

Matiese our dog greeted us with a dummy in her mouth...have to see it to believe it...

tz said...

we can't seem to find jake's glasses...

you know the ones he couldn't wait to have but now is saving up for eye surgery when he turns 18...

maybe they're with abi's?

Martha said...

AD: you look all grown up in your glasses. Thing 2 had a terrible time with his first pair. But, with the second pair and a more accurate prescription, we've got next to no battles. Having said that, I've not had him wearing his glasses all that much during track off and vacation (his baby cousin was mesmerized by the glasses so we just put them away for the duration of our visit).