Monday, October 15, 2007

Help! I'm stuck back in my basement!

I was out for a little while - but here I am again. Thankfully, I'm not at work! (One more week for those of you who are counting.) So since I was able to "rely on the kindness of others" - (that's classic Scarlet O'Hara right there!) Kevin and I had a lovely weekend away up in Salida. I was rather discombobulated before leaving and just happy to make a run for it, we did not have the GPS, or alas, even a map of the property! But, we went out to eat a few times, slept in, and had a fabulous picnic at the property on Saturday - deli sandwich from the Cotopaxi general store. (Maybe you've stopped there to pee on your way to somewhere else.) Anyway, we got thoroughly confused as to where the boundaries might be. I have alittle research to do. The good thing, - a secret goal, was achieved; getting the Hub on board. I was pleased to hear him say words like "our" and "we could" and "I bet" - other action words surrounding this dormant property.
And it's nice to get out of the basement even just momentarily mentally! Then it snowed the whole way home - which I kind of liked, being funny that way.

So my last class of my first mini semester is this week. I have to turn in a very long and dull paper, my field experience log and give a presentation on my long and dull paper. So, I'll be here, in the basement, if you need me.

Oh, and the highlight of my weekend was coming home and catching Desperate Housewives, which I haven't seen in ages; and getting to see Lynette doing charades of Edie hanging herself, and Susan going to a skanky transvestite OB/GYN that Brie picked out of the phone book because she's not really pregnant! Who Knew!

4 comments:

Dodi said...

Do I see a Yurt in your future?

Sitting In Silence said...

Really it snowed when you drove home ?...oh bliss I so want to do that one day....drive in snow I mean.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time away...

I so hear you on the class presentation thing...I have one next week as well...just wish I had a basement to hide in so people could forget where I was for a while....

Suppose there is always the garden shed with the spiders and backed up should have chucked it out a long time ago crap !!.... up the back if I get desperate....
Ha Ha

tz said...

ohhhh no no no spiders, how can you be alone with spiders...yuck

so you'll have the yurt and guest yurts for the rest of us?

Colleen O said...

Nah, I'm thinking bigger than Yurt now. . . that was just a phase.