Thursday, October 18, 2007

Whooooooooo Hoooooooo!

This one's for
Mild-Mannered-Middle-Aged-
Suburban -Housewives
everywhere!


I just finished my final presentation for my first class at Regis - and since it is the only thing left too be graded, I am almost 100% sure that I got every last 100% of the 100 assessment points!
That's right! Unabashed horn tooting going on, right here!


Was I better than the gaggle of hoodie-wearing, half my age - I know everything and want to prove to the class what a great teacher I will be - full time - no job or family having - power point lovin' - over achievers? Maybe, maybe not; BUT I'll bet you money I have my ego in check, read the syllabus and know how to tailor my papers, logs, outlines and presentations to get every point that was there to be gotten.

Bet'cha got a point for your 20 minute long power point presentation (but I bet I got that same point for my piece of paper with a graph on it). Bet'cha got a point for your 3 page long outline (but I bet I got a point for my 1 page outline). Bet'cha got dinged for turning it into your personal opinion presentation instead of the assignment that was "literature review" - that would be sans personal opinions (but I bet I got that point!). Bet'cha think 9 citations are plenty because you apparently didn't read 15-20 (pretty specific, bet I got a point!). Bet'cha you're pissed you did all that extra work (one of them actually had 2 presentations done and let us pick which one we wanted to hear - can you imagine!?!) and still didn't get all the points.

OH, I believe this is the first time in my life I've actually wanted the class stats to be posted on the door! That's right, I'm old, fat, and tired, and I've been to school so many times with so many teachers I know exactly how to play the game! Wow! were did this negative gloating behavior come from? I know my dislike of "the gaggle" is just me projecting my insecurities; well, perhaps now that I'm self declared Queen of the Hill I can be more charitable toward them. . . even if they still think the know everything. I was exactly that clueless once myself.

AH! FEELS GOOD!

Sorry for the poor sportsmanship-like blurt; but it's gone now. Negative feelings toward them and me - PURGED! Bring on the next class, I'm ready. Not tan, not rested, but ready.

Oh I'm still giddy -

5 comments:

Sitting In Silence said...

Yayyyy....ya gotta love that feeling....

So happy for you, wish me luck on mine next week (gulp).......

Danielle.

Martha said...

You Go Girl!!!
Don't you love the way Regis structures their classes...intense, busy but over before you get totally to the "oh screw it stage" of the semester. Slow and steady earns the Masters Degree...

I'll be ready to raise my mug to you this morning over at Madame M's house! *(you are coming, right?)

Colleen O said...

yep - and I'm slow and steady! I will be at MM's with bells on.

Aimee said...

Well at least you have joined the "Queen of the Hill" club as opposed to the "Over the Hill" club. I have had that attitude for a while and haven't gotten a good reception with it.

Congrats on your class, even though I didn't help by helping you justify "blowing off" study time. I've always been a bad influence!! But to know me is to love me, oh, this is supposed to be about you right?!?!?! Anyway I'm very happy for you!!

tz said...

wooo hooo!
don't you just love that feeling!